– being treated with dignity and respect;
– freedom from intrusion and public attention; and
– an assurance that written and spoken information is protected from access and use by unauthorised persons.
Consistent with the National Privacy Principles and State Legislation, Auslan Stage Left guarantees that:
Collection: Auslan Stage Left will only collect information that is directly relevant to its service delivery. When this information is provided, Auslan Stage Left guarantees to protect that information and prevent any security breaches. That information, however, may be stored and processed on a secure database in order to meet personal needs and improve service.
Use and disclosure: Auslan Stage Left will not divulge any information gathered from consumers, volunteers and employees to any third party without prior written consent (or the written consent of a legal guardian) except:
– non-identifying data required by funding bodies or other external organisations for planning purposes, including production companies and theatres; and
– where it is reasonable that the disclosure is necessary to prevent or lessen serious threat to the life or health of the consumer or another person.
Data Quality: Auslan Stage Left will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information collected, used or disclosed, is accurate, complete and up-to-date. When advised that information held is incorrect it will be updated as soon as possible.
Data Security: Auslan Stage Left will ensure that all personal information held is protected from misuse, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. Auslan Stage Left will destroy or de-identify personal information that is no longer required.
Openness: Auslan Stage Left will take all reasonable steps to provide consumers, volunteers and employees, on request, with details of personal information being held. Auslan Stage Left will inform all consumers, volunteers and employees of the type of personal information held and the purpose for it being held, the method of collection, use and disclosure of the information. In order to maintain confidentiality of your personal information, we will ask for specific identification before access is granted.